Bruce Buschel owns a restaurant in the Hamptons that was recently devastated by a fire. He also blogs in the New York Times Small Business “You’re the Boss” section. When I read what he wrote (which every business owner should read!) about the lessons he learned from the fire, it occurred to me to ask:
- How was he able to evaluate the advice he was getting from his insurance agent or broker?
- How did he pick that agent or broker? An old friend? Other business owner referrals?
- Could he have found an agent/broker with deep experience in insuring restaurants?
- Was he qualified and experienced in hiring these kinds of professionals?
- Who was advising him on the risks of his business?
These are all things that I and my Partners help business owners with every day! Every Company, Regardless of Its Size, Needs CFO Services. We make it affordable by doing it on as as-needed basis.