- Tax Revenue * $ 2,162,000,000,000
- Spending * $ 3,456,000,000,000
- Deficit/New Debt * $ 1,294,000,000,000
- National Debt (est) $ 14,271,000,000,000
- Budget Cuts (est) $ 40,000,000,000
Let’s remove some zeros (as I mentioned in this post really large numbers can sometimes get a little confusing) and look at this as if it were your Household Budget.
- Family Income $ 21,620
- Family spending $ 34,560
- New CC Debt $ 12,940
- Outstanding CC Debt $ 142,710
- Total Budget Cuts $ 400
Does that Household Budget make sense? Neither does the other one!
* Source: CBO Fiscal 2010