Of all the social media options LinkedIn ranks right at the top for business development purposes in my view. Still I was a bit surprised when advised …
It really is a powerful tool yet you have to work it. Here are a few tips that will help:
- Join some relevant groups and take part in discussions.
- Promote events your network is involved by sharing with your full network.
- Pick a few of your key contacts and write an unsolicited recommendation.
- There’s a relatively new feature where you can endorse the skills of those who have helped you. Consider some endorsements.
- Complete your profile, link to your website, blog, Twitter, Facebook page, Pinterest, etc. There’s a Profile Strength gauge – fill it up. I’m no SEO expert but this does help in more ways than one.
Work it, take part and it will improve your results!
Related article: “Everything You Need To Know About LinkedIn Endorsements“, Susan Adams, Forbes Staff