Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Roslyn, Long Island, New York
Roslyn, NY CFO
26 Years of Experience
Bernard Baruch College City University of New York
Certificates & Licenses:
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG)
Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
Contact Jeffrey Appleman and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Jeff is a CPA with more than 30 years of business and operational experience working as a CFO for privately owned multi-location manufacturing and distribution companies. Jeff's industry specialization has primarily been with food processing, printing/converting, heating oil and building supply companies. Jeff's experience has provided business owners and managers the information they need to improve their business productivity. By using best business practices Jeff is able to recommend strategies to reduce costs, manage/restructure debt, negotiate leases, apply for government loans and grants, improve month end close processes, and implement reporting analytics. Jeff has successfully adopted the business strategy phrase “You can't manage what you don't measure” in helping business owners understand the metrics that control the keys to increased profitability. In addition to leading the Accounting and Finance Departments, he has also managed Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Facilities and Risk Management
Successful initiatives include:
- Led turnaround of a 25 million food manufacturer by reducing labor and manufacturing overhead 33%, procurement costs 10% and increasing operating profits by 250%.
- Obtained Small Business Administration loan and state Manufacturing Assistance Program grant for a manufacturer to support their equipment replacement program.
- Successfully renegotiated asset based lines of credit with various lending institutions which resulted in annual savings in excess of $200,000 per year.
Jeff's experience as a CFO extends to nearly every aspect of a business's financial needs. He has helped companies forecast cash flow, implement growth strategies, renegotiate bank covenants, manage working capital, raise margins, reduce employee medical costs, and implement 401K plans. Jeff has also initiated and managed bank relationships and worked with vendors to obtain favorable pricing and terms.
Additional areas of expertise include:
- Bank, equipment financing and debt restructuring
- Financial Reporting
- Strategic Planning
- Operations Management
- Process Improvement
- Margin Analysis
- Manufacturing cost accounting
- Internal Revenue Service and Sales Tax Examinations
- Managed annual financial audits
- Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
Jeff has a BBA from Bernard Baruch College City University of New York. Jeff began his career in public accounting with Marks, Paneth & Shron and specialized in the firm's real estate, manufacturing and not for profit clients. Jeff is a member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Financial Executives Networking Group. Jeff lives in New York with his wife of 28 years and his two children.