Providing CFO services and Business Transition Services in Metro NY/NJ and surrounding areas
West Milford, NJ CFO
28 Years of Experience
(973) 768 - 5675
Western State College of Colorado
Certificates & Licenses:
FENG (Financial Executives Networking Group)
Contact Bob Patterson and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Bob has been a CFO and Controller for 25 years working in both public and privately held companies covering a wide range of industries including retail, wholesale distribution, manufacturing and technology sales, consulting and services companies. He has a practical approach to problem solving and putting financial and operational fundamentals into practice in order to improve profits and achieve strategic goals.
Bob's key areas of expertise are: working with business leaders to determine targeted objectives, coordinating and motivating finance and operations teams to attain those objectives, implementing controls and procedures geared to producing timely, accurate financial statements, designing meaningful management reporting needed to measure and control critical areas of company performance and instituting measures to improve cash flow. He also has years of experience in maintaining strong banking and credit relationships, strategic planning and goal setting and establishing budgeting and expense control practices to keep companies on track with their financial expectations.
Some of the results of Bob's leadership, analytical ability and hands on approach are:
- In multiple companies, significantly reduced the time to produce monthly financial statements and simultaneously reduced audit and consulting related fees by tens of thousands of dollars per year by streamlining accounting and reporting processes and instituting improved internal controls
- Reduced employee medical benefit costs by $75,000 over four years while keeping employee contributions flat through careful selection of plans and providers
- Generated $1.3 million of incremental cash flow and reduced annual expenses $386,000 by consolidating finance and operations functions and selling an office location following a merger
- Reduced inventories by 18% and improved the timing of stock deliveries by developing forecasting reports for purchasing based on sales trends by location
Bob is a graduate of Western State College of Colorado with a degree in Business Administration - Management. He is a member of Financial Executives Networking Group and is the Treasurer of a non-profit organization. Bob has been married to Cathy for 28 years, has two daughters and son.
When you hire Bob as your B2B CFO® you are getting a trusted advisor with sound knowledge and expertise as well as the combined experience of over 200 B2B CFO® partners.