Providing CFO services in Metro NY/NJ and surrounding areas
Springfield, NJ CFO
37 Years of Experience
Boston University (BS BA)
Certificates & Licenses:
Financial Executives Networking Group
Contact Roger Kohl and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Roger has over 30 years experience in the Financial & Operational Management of small to mid-sized publicly and privately held companies. An accomplished Senior Executive, he draws upon extensive P&L/general management, finance, accounting and operations background to drive profit and efficiency gains. His leadership roles have also included managing strategic planning, human resources, technology, legal, business development and risk management in his capacities as CFO and COO.
He is experienced in a broad range of industries, including financial services, advertising, software development, news gathering, government contracting and entertainment. Much of his work has focused on the reengineering of underperforming businesses and managing other high growth operations. He has consistently effected measurable, material bottom line and shareholder equity improvements.
Roger has designed several management reporting systems, developed numerous incentive programs, re-worked pricing and positioning, restructured staffing and positively impacted corporate cultures while working closely with owners, management and staff to identify needs, remedies and, most importantly, effectively implementing change. He has raised both commercial and private equity funding to support growth as well as day-to-day operations. He has spearheaded multiple proprietary operating system designs and led numerous accounting system conversions from needs-identification through implementation.
Select accomplishments include:
- Improved $100K annual loss to $1.5 million profit while supporting growth from $9 million to $48 million; built solid fundamentals managing 5-fold volume increase with only 2-fold staff increase; boosted margins 42%; positioned organization for successful sale and expedited post-merger integration.
- Led turnaround of $18+ million business unit, driving $1 million loss to $1.5 million profit; consolidated 3 locations and restructured processes, reducing labor requirements 60%+ and overhead $1+ million; improved margin 80%.
- Repositioned $12 million organization, standardized contracts and upgraded terms; developed short and long-term plans to restore profitability; eliminated $10 million in annual losses; improved 3-year revenue 50%; led direct reports in US, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Latin America; rationalized processes and right-sized company, saving $4+ million per year.
- Led SEC Reporting, Budgeting, Risk Management and SOX 404 Compliance for $84 million publicly held company.
Roger brings exceptional analytical, negotiation and problem-resolution skills that motivate and empower organizations while reshaping processes and procedures to achieve success. With a reputation for integrity, follow-through and commitment to excellence, he consistently "get's the job done".
Roger holds a Bachelor of Science Business Administration (Accounting and Finance) from Boston University. A native of New Jersey, he lives in Springfield with his wife June and when he's not working he enjoys golf (at least on some days), the outdoors, cooking, sports and photography.
When you hire Roger as your B2B CFO® you are not only getting his expertise and knowledge as a trusted advisor, but also thousands of years in combined experience of the other 150+ B2B CFO® partners. This wealth of knowledge and resources is an unprecedented asset to any client, giving them a significant competitive advantage in the marketplace.