About Harold OdameLabi
To remain competitive in today’s volatile and unpredictable marketplace, a company must quickly respond, innovate, and make strategic changes that will impact the organizations profitability, growth and expansion. It is therefore imperative that it must have a CFO who is a versatile, results-oriented change agent and leader. Harold is that CFO and leader who can help you meet those challenges head on.
Harold is a finance professional with 30 years experience who has worked in various finance and operational roles including global finance executive, business unit CFO, and business consultant. He has worked in over 25 countries and has served as CFO of two business units of a large multinational company and CFO of small and medium size organizations. His 30 years of experience spans several industries from consumer goods, contractor services, heavy construction, and industrial manufacturing companies among others.
Harold has a track record of ensuring costs are always controlled and profitability is maximized while improving and managing cash flow. He has successfully led teams in several restructurings and turnarounds from large multinational organizations to small and medium size privately held companies. With his financial leadership he has led the successful transformation of underperforming companies into highly profitable entities by focusing on reducing inefficiencies and poor productivity in critical business processes that drive up costs and lowers profits.
Some of Harold’s accomplishments as a CFO and successful business consultant include:
- Sales of the $700 million Avon Mexico company were declining due to local competition and Wal-Mart’s aggressive expansion. Led the restructuring of the sales force and territories, developed a new sales force commission plan and reviewed product/category gross margins, distribution costs and category profitability, these efforts led to a 13% improvement in orders and 8% increase in sales while improving profit by $7 Million.
- Construction Company was suffering declining sales and profits. Closed unprofitable division. Put in place internal controls to support rapid growth. Commenced job costing and tracking and created job profitability tool. Trained finance/accounting staff and worked with sales team to improve sales planning and job estimating: Sales grew 33% for the year, improved operating margin by 3 points, and saved $500,000 by closing unprofitable division.
- Home Specialty Retailer and Construction Company, faced profitability and cash flow issues. Merged consolidated operations to improve profitability. Closed unprofitable division. Introduced best practice accounts receivable and collections procedures. Developed key performance metrics to manage business. Designed and implemented employee incentive program. Trained business management team to manage by the numbers: Improved cash flow by 50% and enhanced profitability by 6 points.
Harold has effectively managed all aspects of the finance, accounting, treasury and administration functions, including:
- Cash management credit and collections
- Financial reporting
- Development of budgets and forecasts
- Developing complete business plans for investor or funding purposes
- Financial analysis of capital investments and major purchases
- Sales force compensation design
- Job and product costing for better pricing
- Design and implement employee incentive plans
- Business process improvement
- Turnaround and company restructuring
- Developing key performance indicators (KPI’s) and reporting tools
- Profit enhancement and process improvement studies
- Strategic planning and help with plan implementation
- Preparation of loans packages for banks & other financial institutions
Having spent most of his career as a “hands-on” operational finance professional. Harold believes the best value a CFO brings to the table is how he manages the profitability and assets of the company, while meeting the strategic objectives of the organization. He will quickly learn and understand the intricate aspects of your business, and always provide you with a strong and objective business analysis, to assist and advise you in all your business challenges.
Harold has bachelors degree (BBA) in Economics and a masters in business administration (MBA) in Corporate Finance from Pace University in New York city. He currently lives in New Jersey with his wife and two children and enjoys road cycling in his spare time.
- Pace University MBA
- Pace University BBA
- Financial Executives Network Group (FENG)
- New Jersey Technology & Manufacturers Association