About John Mullin
John has 30 plus years of accounting and finance experience including 15 years as a CFO. He began his career as an auditor with Ernst & Young where he served multi-national clients in the financial services, manufacturing, insurance, real estate, technology and retail industries. His clients included both publicly-held and privately-held companies.
Over the last 15 years, John has served in the position of CFO and/or COO in small to medium sized broker/dealer, investment banking and asset management firms. His diverse experience includes having had direct responsibility for accounting/finance, taxes, operations, capital raising, risk management, human resources, technology and office services. John led the finance function of these entities during times of tremendous growth. He has extensive experience in growing organizations through acquisitions including due diligence and post-acquisition integration. John’s financial management experience also includes being directly involved in three separate IPOs.
John has also worked for companies that have had cash flow and regulatory capital challenges. He is keenly aware that cash is the lifeblood of any business and that cash flow management is vital. John is skilled at cash flow forecasting and his strong analytical skills help him to quickly identify problematic financial trends. John is committed to leveraging his broad background to help business owners in New York City and the tri-state area as their CFO. His mission is to quickly identify problems and propose solutions that will increase operational efficiency and profitability. John’s areas of expertise include the following:
- Cash flow management
- Managerial accounting
- Financial reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Net capital computation and analysis for broker/dealers
- Development of business plans
- Establishment/enhancement of internal controls
- Expense reduction and cost containment
- Acquisition due diligence and post-acquisition integration
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Bank relations
- External audit support
- Evaluation, hiring and mentoring of accounting staff.
John holds a Bachelor of Science in accounting from Boston College and an MBA in Finance from New York University’s Stern School of Business. He is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of New York and holds the Series 27 Financial and Operations Principal license. John lives with his wife Patti and their three children in Long Island, New York.
- B.S. Accounting – Boston College
- MBA Finance – New York University
Certificates & Licenses:
- Certified Public Accountant (New York)
- Series 27 – Financial and Operations Principal
- Certified Mergers & Acquisitions Advisor (CM&AA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisitions Advisors (AM&AA)